*** Family Science Day is March 31th! ***
On March 31, Woodlawn will hold the second annual Family Science Day! This event will promote topics in S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) though a festival of booths setup in the Red Barn. Each booth will feature a STEAM subject or activity. Students at all grade levels and their families will have an opportunity to explore the booths hosted by Wow! STEAM, WREC, Woodlawn families & students, local colleges, museums, and businesses.
The theme this year will be – Rogue One – drawing on a recent popular movie.
Here are a couple of ways that you could get involved:
- Host a booth – Do you or your family have a STEAM related hobby? Is your business engaged in a STEAM activity? Consider the possibility of hosting a booth. It’s a great way to have fun and inspire the next generation.
- Volunteer for the event – We will need at least two dozen volunteers for setup, booth staffing, and logistics. Our volunteers are the key to a great event.
Do you or your family have a STEAM related hobby? Is your business engaged in a STEAM activity? Consider the possibility of hosting a booth. It’s a great way to have fun, share your enthusiasm, and inspire the next generation.
Each booth should present a fun and interesting STEAM concept. We’ll provide a table and volunteer staffing if needed. You provide the content for the booth.
Who can host a booth?
- Woodlawn students and families
- Clubs and interest groups
- Professional associates
What can we do in a booth?
- Display a collection of items relating to the topic. Especially popular are items that students can touch.
- Provide a simple craft, experiment, or activity that students can do.
- Present a demonstration of a topic like a chemistry experiment, physics demo, or brief lecture.
All booth plans must be approved by Woodlawn school.
Use the form below to submit your booth idea. Our content team will contact you to work out the details.
Our volunteers are the key to a great event. We hope to have at least 2 dozen volunteers for setup, booth staffing, and logistics. Activities will include:
- Setting up tables.
- Decorating the Red Barn with the STEAM Wars theme.
- Assisting with the set up of booth exhibits.
- Ushering groups of students to and from the event.
- Staffing the Discovery Place and other booths that do not included staff.
- Roaming the event and helping to engage students in the content and the missions.
- Collecting mission worksheets.
- Cleanup after the event.
If you can be available on March 31, please submit the form below to volunteer.