The Wow! STEAM winter trimester began with a bit of chemistry exploration. Here’s a sampling:
- Differences between solids and liquids
- Differences between endothermic (baking soda + vinegar gets cold) and exothermic (baking soda + calcium chloride gets hot)
- Differences between acids and bases using red cabbage indicator
- Demonstrated base reaction using Coke and Clorox
- Demonstrated energetic reactions with Diet Coke and Mentos
By our earlier ‘what’s in the jar’ email, you already know we also talked about crystals and how to grow them. In addition to the jars the students took home, we’re growing some at school which we’ll revisit next week.
Additional content, pictures and video is available to members. Login or register for an account.