All WREC events are now open to all students and parents. Students may participate as much (or as little) as they wish based on interest and availability. We just ask that middle & lower school students bring an adult with them for supervision (no more than three students for each adult).
OPEN BUILD – EVERY FRIDAY
Each Friday WREC is open for Open Build 3:30 to 5:00 pm in Woods Hall.
- 13 November
- 20 November
- 4 December
- 11 December
- 18 December
- 8 January
MEET UP – SUNDAY, ONCE A MONTH
We also have once-a-month Meet Ups on designated Sundays from 2 to 5 pm.
- 13 December in Woods Hall
- 10 January in the Lodge
Both events are in open studio format. Students choose how they want to spend their time. Here are some of the options that are usually on hand:
- Plan and collaborate on projects together, e.g., FIRST Tech Challenge, Vex IQ, etc.
- Work on group projects, e.g., Wall-E, WATT, WARS, or WASP or other available robot kits
- Work on an individual project, e.g., two-wheeled, autonomous robot
- Work on a personal project (personal projects can be anything the student is interested in working on)
- Put together bits and pieces imaginatively at the “Assembly Table”
- Take apart old electronic devices, e.g., old VCR, computer, etc.
- Explore with Little Bits, the do-it-yourself electronics for prototyping and learning
- Practice coding – WREC has three donated laptops running Linux OS available for use
- Learn and practice soldering (adults and older students)
For the latest information about WREC, individual or group projects, please be sure to join the WREC mailing list. If you have any ideas, suggestions or questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.